15 May 2008

Beach organization



In Bibione (seaside town at about 22 km from Concordia) the sandy beach is 8 km long. In all its length it is divided in areas that have a number and a symbol, to help people and especially children not to get lost. It's a clever system: my daughter doesn't read yet, but she always knows that we are in the DUCK AREA o in the MOUSE AREA or so on, so if she gets lost, she can go to the beach staff and ask them to bring her to her area (or to call via loudspeakers her parents!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a clever way to remember where you are located. I wonder if they do something similar at large stores in their parking logs. Here they just use numbers.

Tanya Breese said...

What a great system! Sounds like your beaches are very family friendly!
I want to put my toes in the warm sand!

Profile Not Available said...

I have to agree with Mr. Lincoln...I would love this at the supermarket to help me find my car!

Chuck Pefley said...

Yes, a great system for all. And actually, many parking garages name the different levels something memorable, like, Paris, Rome, Bangkok etc., to help us more easily remember where we parked.