16 June 2008
These zucchini come directly from my parents' garden. It's only the beginning of the production. And the nicest thing is that ... we ate them all! half of them barbecued (divine!) and the other half in frittelle di zucchine. I'll give you the recipe today.
Frittelle di zucchine
500 gr zucchini
oil seed for frying
1. mix a small amount of flour (about 100 gr) with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, making a sort of cream. Add salt and pepper to it.
2. separate egg white from yolks and whisk egg white till it gets firm
3. wash the zucchini and grate them julienne with their skin
4. dry the zucchini with kitchen paper (pressing a bit so water comes out) and mix them with the flour and oil; then add the yolk and finally the egg white
5. put flour to get to the right texture: it must be soft but firm. If you take a spoon of it, it must not drip down.
6. heat enough oil for deep frying. Drop into the hot oil a tablespoon of the mixture you made (you can put about 4 or 5 spoons) and take out of the oil when the frittelle get light brown.